NDU interns are typically enrolled in a degree-seeking program at time of application (graduating students may apply). Interns at NDU often are majoring or minoring in international relations, political science, economics, or other fields related to NDU's national security mission, and have completed some coursework in these areas. University-level internships are more suitable for applicants majoring in finance, communications, marketing, media, business management, public affairs, library science, engineering, and exercise science.
All successful candidates must demonstrate their ability to:
- Prioritize, organize, and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Use library resources to gather relevant data to support faculty research;
- Work as a team player;
- Communicate at a sophisticated level via written and spoken word;
- Work amiably with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds;
- Use social media tools for information dissemination and community engagement activities;
- Foreign language skills are highly desired, but not required.
Please consult individual components (see links below) for specific qualifications.