IA Compliance for International Students
NDU ITD Service Desk: 202-685-3824
Read this page thoroughly and comply with all instructions; no deviations or substitutions are permitted.
NDU provides students with access to the Internet, wireless networks, curricula, and research tools -- all via DoD owned, managed, or compliant information systems. Access is predicated on student compliance with DoD Information Assurance (IA) regulations and requirements. No student will receive access to any NDU system until they have accurately and fully completed these IA requirements.
ALL AY19 international students are required to submit:
- A certificate of completion ("CyberCert") for the most recent DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge (v 2018), taken AFTER 1 April 2018, and no later than 21 July 2018;
- A certificate of completion ("PIICert") for the JS Privacy Act Awareness Course, taken AFTER 1 April 2018, and no later than 21 July 2018;
- A NDU System Authorization Access Request Form 2875 ("2875") completed and signed by the international student, dated AFTER 1 2018, and no later than 21 July 2018;
- IMPORTANT! All international students must remain associated with NDU in Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) and renew their CyberCert and PIICert as required to maintain constant IA compliance for the duration of their course of study.
IA TRAINING CERTIFICATE INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: NDU pre-registers all international students in JKO, and associates their profile with NDU.
STEP 1: Complete the DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Course (v2018)
- Via JKO at https://jkodirect.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=DOD&course_number=-US1364-18
STEP 3: Complete the JS Privacy Act Awareness Course
a. Via JKO at https://jkodirect.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=JS&course_number=-US002
|IMPORTANT NOTE:If you completed the recently decommissioned J6SN-US-416 Personally Identifiable Information (PII) course between June 15-29, 2018, you do NOT have to take the substituted JS Privacy Act JS-US-002 course. Students may enter the completion date of EITHER the J6SN-US-416 PII course OR the JS-US-002 Privacy Act course in field 22d of the Form 2875,under "IA TRAINING CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS."
STEP 3: Download and save your CyberCert and PII course completion certificates for your records
- When directed to print your course completion certificates, select "Print to PDF."
- Browse to a saving location on your computer and save.
- Retain your printed certificates for your records.
NDU SYSTEM AUTHORIZATION ACCESS REQUEST FORM 2875 INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Open, complete and sign NDU Form 2875
- Open NDU Form 2875 for International Students.
- Enter required data in boxes 1, 2, 6, 8, 11, 12, 14 and 17. NOTE FOR BOX 11: You MUST provide a personal email address to which you will have continuous access (i.e. gmail, hotmail, yahoo).
- Check boxes 22a and 22c.
- Enter the dates printed on your Cyber Awareness and Privacy (PII) course completion certificates in boxes 22b and 22d.
- Check box 23a.
- Enter today's date in box 23c (*Must be done BEFORE digitally signing).
- Digitally sign box 23b.
- Save the signed 2875 as a PDF to your computing device, and/or print it.
NOTE: Digital signature requires CAC or PIV; if hand-signed, scan the signed 2875, save it as a PDF, and proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2: Download and save your completed, signed 2875
- Browse to the final draft of your fully completed, signed PDF 2875 on your computing device.
- Save your PDF 2875 one last time using this naming convention: AY19_ISMO_YourLastName_YourFirstName_2875
NOTE: The naming convention for your 2875 is critically important to its processing; please follow directions exactly.
STEP 3: Email your 2875 to NDU
- Open an email to email@example.com
- Attach your PDF 2875 to the email, ensuring that its name follows the correct naming convention exactly.
- Click send.