Jeffrey Meiser, Ph.D.
Department of Regional and Analytical Studies
• Ph.D., Political Science, The Johns Hopkins University
• M.A., Environment Science and Management, University of California, Santa Barbara
• B.A., Ecological Studies, Seattle University
• American national security policy
• Rising power foreign policy
• Causes of civil wars
• State building
• Energy and environmental security
• Qualitative methodology
Prior to joining CISA, Jeffrey Meiser, Ph.D., was a visiting lecturer and writing fellow at The Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md. He previously worked as a policy analyst and managing director for a nonprofit organization in Seattle, Wash. His article, "American Exceptionalism," was published in the book U.S. Foreign Policy (Oxford UP, 2008), edited by Michael Cox and Doug Stokes. Meiser’s current research projects include: the sources of rising power grand strategy, the causes of the escalation of violence in Iraq (2004-2008), and a typology of political violence.