Lieutenant Colonel Jodi Vittori, USAF
U.S. Air Force Chair and Assistant Professor
Department of International Security Studies
• Ph.D., International Political Economy and Comparitive Politics, The Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver
• M.S., National Defense Intelligence College
• B.S. United States Air Force Academy
• Political Economy of Malign Actors
• Terrorism and Insurgent Financing and Resourcing
• Corruption, Kleptocracy, and Spoilers to Economic and Political Development and Security
LtCol Jodi Vittori, Ph.D., has written numerous journal articles on terrorism and terrorism finance, transnational gang activity, and Islam in Africa. She is the author of Terrorist Financing and Resourcing, published by Palgrave Macmillan in 2011. Her book was named as one of the Top 150 books within the terrorism discipline, and one of only five books on terrorism finance, in the journal Perspectives on Terrorism in May 2012.
LtCol Vittori returned from Afghanistan in 2012 as part of Task Force Shafafiyat, an ISAF and USFOR-A task force dedicated to decreasing Afghan government corruption. There, she led a nine-member team dedicated to improving contracting, economic development, rule of law, and governance. She has been a member of the Air Force since 1990 and served in a variety of assignments and deployments including Afghanistan, Iraq, Bosnia, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, South Korea, and throughout the United States. She has also served as an instructor in the Department of Political Science at the U.S. Air Force Academy.