Security and Privacy Notice
- The National
Defense University Web site is provided as a public service.
- Information presented on www.ndu.edu is considered public
information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate
byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical
purposes. This government computer system uses software programs
to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes
as assessing what information is of most and least interest,
determining technical design specifications, and identifying
system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service
remains available to all users, this government computer system
employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify
unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no
other attempts are made to identify individual users or their
usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information
on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable
under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1987 and the National
Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information
presented here, please forward them to the NDU Webmaster.
Social Media Comments Policy
Whenever possible, a formal policy statement will be posted on all social media presences of the NDU Enterprise. The policy statement outlines the purpose of the social media presence, expectations, and content that will be deleted if it includes comments or links associated with any of the following:
- Threatening, slanderous, or obscene language;
- Personal attacks;
- discriminatory language (including hate speech) based on race, national origin, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or disability;
- Sexually explicit material and other material that would violate the law if published;
- Spam, solicitations, advertisements or undecipherable language;
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity, or
- Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., social security numbers, personal postal and email addresses, personal phone numbers, birth date, birth place, etc. for yourself or others.
Social media is a dialogue. Comments made about NDU and its components on external social media sites and all comments made by participants on social media presences across the NDU enterprise will be monitored and evaluated. The content and tone of a comment will determine whether action is necessary. NDU reserves the right to delete any content determined to violate its policy.
Disclaimer for External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the National Defense University of the linked web sites or the information, products, or services contained therein.
Accessibility and 508 Compliance
The National Defense University is committed to providing our stakeholders and visitors with the most current and timely information possible. Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act as amended, 29 U.S.C. Section 794d, requires that when federal agencies develop, procure, maintain or use electronic and information technology (IT), they must ensure federal employees and members of the public with disabilities have access to and use of information and data is comparable to that which is available to individuals without disabilities, unless meeting compliance standards would pose an undue burden. We make the best use of our resources to ensure all information contained herein is available in a nondiscriminatory manner.
Because of the nature of the architectural products provided at this web site, some may not be available in an accessible format. If the format of any material on our web site interferes with your ability to access the information, due to an issue with accessibility caused by a disability as defined in the Rehabilitation Act, please contact email@example.com for assistance. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address (URL) of the material with which you are having difficulty, and your contact information.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration regulations and guidelines.
We will follow up on all such requests as soon as possible.