Welcome to National Defense University Academic Year (AY) 2021-2022.
In the current COVID-19 environment, NDU in-processing and orientation activities will be a mix of in-person and virtual activities. Our number one priority is your -- and our workforce’s -- health and safety.
Regardless of format, all presentations are mandatory. Make arrangements with your College if you will miss a live presentation. Links to University-level Orientation briefing slides are provided below:
More detailed orientation schedules for the individual Colleges are at the following links:
- CIC Orientation Schedule -- POC: Col Jonathan Beasley, Associate Dean of Faculty and Academic Programs, 202-685-3891
- CISA Orientation Schedule -- POC: Col Wayne R. Zuber. Dean of Students, 202-685-9461
- ES Orientation Schedule -- POC: LtCol DG “Lucky” Luccio, Dean of Students, 202-685-1786
- NWC Orientation Schedule -- POC: COL Andy "Salty" McElvaine, Dean of Students, 202-685-2309
- JFSC (Norfolk, VA) Incoming Students Page -- Orientation POC: Col Jody Owens, JAWS Faculty, 757-443-6272
Some physical material transfers are still required; consequently, on-campus events are scheduled by each College and designed to meet current COVID restrictions. Please review your College’s orientation schedule above for further information. If your personal situation prevents a physical trip to campus, or if you have any concerns or questions, please contact your College’s orientation POC via the email/phone number above.
The information contained within this website may change as we continue to update preparations for the start of AY 21-22. Please continue to monitor this website on a regular basis.
UPDATE (8/15): A LiveStream recording of the entire Orientation can be viewed HERE.
UPDATE (8/15): A LiveStream recording of the Health and Fitness Brief can be viewed HERE.
Again welcome to National Defense University. We are looking forward to a great year and hope you are too.