Welcome to National Defense University Academic Year (AY) 2022-2023.
Please note that masks are required at the Fort McNair campus for Student In-processing (1 Aug), Orientation (2 Aug), and the Electives Fair (10 Aug). Masks and hand sanitizer will be available. Masks will be optional for Convocation (2 Aug) if held outdoors, and mandatory if Convocation moves indoors due to inclement weather.
University-level Orientation Schedule (1-3 Aug)
University's Orientation Briefings via Livestream (2 Aug). This event is password protected; each College will provide the password to its students on an as-needed basis. Attendance/viewing of all briefings is mandatory.
Health and Fitness Briefing via Livestream (3 Aug)
Orientation briefing slide decks, to be referenced as resources, include:
- COVID Mitigation - Presented by Mr. Tony Spinosa, Health and Fitness Director
- Welcome and University Overview - Presented by Dr. Bryon Greenwald, Deputy Provost
- Chaplaincy - Presented by Rabbi COL Henry "Ari" Soussan, Chaplain
- NDU/JBM-HH Security - Presented by Mr. Nicholas Kutchak, Director of Security
- Privacy Awareness - Presented by Mr. Nicholas Kutchak, Director of Security
- Library and Writing Center - Presented by Dr. Mohan Ramaswamy, Dean, NDU Library and Learning Center; Dr. Trela Anderson, Writing and Communications Instructor
- Travel and Passports - Presented by Mr. Jordan Miles, Government Travel Card (GTC) Program Manager, RMD; Ms. LaKisha White, Travel Analyst, RMD
- NDU Foundation - Presented by Mr. James Schmeling, President and CEO
- Information Technologies - Presented by Mr. Norman Bryant, Chief, ITD Services Division
- Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) - Presented by CAPT Richard Knight, Chief of Staff, Academic Affairs; MSG Amaka Anderson, JBM-HH Victim Advocate
- Research and Scholars Program - Presented by Dr. Denise Natali, Director, Center for Strategic Research
- Electives and Concentrations - Presented by CAPT Richard Knight, Chief of Staff, Academic Affairs
- Points of Contact
More detailed orientation schedules for the individual Colleges are at the following links. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact your College’s orientation POC.
Again welcome to National Defense University. We are looking forward to a great year and hope you are too.