NDU students have access to a world-class academic library with an expansive collection of resources and library services designed to support the curriculum and their academic success.
Students have 24/7 access to an impressive range of subscription publications and virtual services through our online library portal. Our locations in Washington, DC and Norfolk, VA provide access to our physical collections, face-to-face services and spaces to accommodate private study and group collaboration.
- 500,000 print books, periodicals and government documents
- 100+ subscription databases
- 20,000+ electronic journals, newspapers, dissertations, and market reports
- 110,000+ eBooks
- NDU Digital Archives containing Student Papers, NDU Publications and College archives, as well as National Strategy documents
Research Services & How We Can Help:
Our team is adept at supporting the research and instructional needs of students in-person and online.
- Library and research orientation for all incoming students
- Targeted research classes offered throughout the year to support research themes and projects
- Personalized expert research help from a librarian using a range of communication platforms including:
- A helpful FAQ for common questions
- Live Chat service for quick questions
- Ask-a-Librarian webform for in-depth inquiries
- In-person consultations
- Virtual consultations via email, phone or web conference
Classified Research Services
Our DC and Norfolk locations have secure facilities (SCIF) for classified research. Access to classified collections, classrooms and research support is available to students with an active security clearance.
Our Special Collections teams in DC and Norfolk collect and preserve unique collections of historical value to the University and to military history. The NDU Digital Archive and repositories at each location house and exhibit artifacts from these distinctive collections of military history. Notable collections include personal papers of modern military leaders (DC) and World War II planning and operations documents (Norfolk). Special Collections also collects and secures NDU’s intellectual capital for posterity.
The NDU Writing Center supports students in developing their academic writing.