1. USAF Chairs Col Bryan Eberhardt (CIC), Col Laurinda Reifsteck (CISA), Col Cameron Pringle (ES) and Col Bryan Wolford (NWC) will coordinate in-processing for new USAF students. Incoming USAF students should review the following links:
a. The IDA Worksheet
b. The PIPS Tri-fold
2. USAF students are reminded to complete all NDU cybersecurity compliance requirements per the guidance at https://www.ndu.edu/Students/IA-Compliance/US-Military-JPME-Masters
3. JBAB (Bolling) requests that NDU USAF students complete the following in-processing tasks:
a. JBAB MPF requires the IDA Worksheet (top half of page 1; see link above) be completed and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of arrival at NDU.
b. JBAB Finance Office requests that AF students complete their travel vouchers using https://efinanceworkspace.wpafb.af.mil/, following the guidance in the PIPS tri-fold (see link above). See additional guidance in the eFinance Travel Voucher Guide.
Students can contact the JBAB Finance Office at email@example.com or (202) 767-8658 /8657 /8700; FAX: (202) 404-4110.
4. USAF Chairs have invited SECAF, CSAF and CSO to provide an Air and Space AY22 kick-off briefing on Friday afternoon, 30 July 2021 (location and time TBD).
USA Chairs COL James Hayes (NWC); (ES); (CISA); (CIC) will coordinate in-processing for new USA students. Incoming USA students should review the following information:
How to In-process with the Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBMHH) Military Personnel Division (MPD)
USA students will receive instructions, POCs and in-processing times directly from NDU USA Military Service Representative SSG Rainard Johnson via email.
How to submit your PCS arrival packet to DFAS
1. You can review your specific entitlements under the heading "PCS Entitlements" at https://www.dfas.mil/MilitaryMembers/travelpay/armypcs/.
2. DFAS's SmartVoucher system guides you step-by-step through a series of questions and creates a completed DD Form 1351-2. You'll get a list of required supporting documents based on the answers you provide. Be sure to include those with your DD Form 1351-2, and to print the form to get any required signatures before submitting.
3. If your dependent status has changed during your PCS, be prepared to provide the following additional documents: DA 5960- signed by commander, and supporting documentation, i.e., marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce decree.
4. To upload your voucher and supporting documents securely online, use DFAS's Travel Voucher Direct system. To find another method for transmitting your claim (fax, email, or mail), read the Where to Submit guide.
5. If you include a valid e-mail address in Box 6e of your DD1351-2, DFAS will send you updates. Don’t forget to keep a copy of your submission.
6. See How to Complete the DD1351-2 Guide for additional guidance, and use the Military Permanent Change of Station or Separating/ Retiring from the Military checklist to make sure you complete all requirements.
USCG Chair CAPT John Dettleff (ES) will coordinate in-processing for new USCG students.
USN Chair CAPT Todd Glasser (NWC)
USMC Chair Col Philip Pastino (NWC)
Navy Student In-processing
Submit the following to NDU Sea Services Military Representative Rep PS1 Cory Brown, (202) 685-4006:
1. Copy of your current PCS orders;
2. Completed travel voucher form, downloaded from https://www.dfas.mil/militarymembers/travelpay/forms/
3. Copy of current Page 2. If there is address change for dependents, draw a line across the old address and write the new address beside it.
4. Receipts of hotels from last PDS and current duty station (if applicable).
Marine Student In-processing
USMC Senior Service Representatives will conduct an in-brief for all CIC, CISA, ES, and NWC USMC students on campus (date and location TBD). Uniform of the day is Service C. Bring / wear a mask in accordance with JBMHH policy.
In addition, all USMC personnel must report to HQMC for PCS, Active Duty Special Work (ADSW),TAD, and Active Duty for Training (ADT) orders should report to the MilPers Section, HQBN, Henderson Hall, Bldg. 29, Room 205 to begin the check-in process and receive the endorsement of orders. All personnel checking into HQBN or Henderson Hall must be in the Service "A" uniform. See Google map of of Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBMHH).
If you require personalized assistance prior to check-in, please call the ConAd Office from 0730-1630 M-F at (703) 614-7171.
Marine & Family Program (MFP) staff are available Monday – Friday by phone (703) 614-7200.
Coast Guard Student In-processing
Report to Coast Guard Headquarters, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave SE, Washington, DC 20020 for in-processing. See CG PCS/HHG Guidance and FAQs and the Coast Guard’s PCS Guide for further guidance.
1. Use your Orders to build your move in the Defense Personal Property System (DPS).
2. You must complete the Coast Guard’s PCS Float Plan (Updated 3/15/21) within 10 days of departure.
3. The PCS Assist Team is available 24/7 by phone or email at (833) 551-0887 or PCSAssist@uscg.mil
4. In limited circumstances, leave is now authorized en route during your PCS move, with command approval.
5. If you encounter any landlord/tenant issues, you are encouraged to contact a Coast Guard Legal Assistance Attorney.
Please review the brochure.
More information will be delivered to you during the virtual Health Fitness Orientation Briefing in August.
Military students should contact their MilRep if they have any questions or concerns. DSN Prefix: 325
LTC Mark B. Howell
Comm: (202) 685-3921
MSG Ella S. Martin
Comm: (202) 685-3576
MSgt Tiarra Jackson
Comm: (202) 685-2138
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Sea Services (USN, USMC, USCG)
PS1 Cory Brown
Comm: (202) 685-4006
SSG Rainard Johnson
Comm: (202) 685-2140