NDU ITD Service Desk: 202-685-3824
It is important that you read this page thoroughly and comply with all instructions; no deviations or substitutions are permitted.
Access to NDU information systems is predicated on user compliance with DoD/NDU cybersecurity regulations. No student will receive access to any NDU system until the student has accurately, fully and verifiably completed all mandatory DoD/NDU IA requirements.
All international students are required to:
- Submit an NDU System Authorization Access Request Form 2875 ("2875"), completed, signed, and emailed to NDU no later than ONE WEEK prior to arrival, and;
- Complete the most recent DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Course (v 2019), Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) no later than ONE WEEK prior to your arrival. *NOTE: The DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge certificate ("Cyber Cert") must be renewed every 365 days and cannot lapse during your enrollment; an expired Cyber Cert status in JKO results in immediate loss of access to NDU information systems.
NDU pre-registers all international students in JKO, and associates their profile with their college and program.
JKO CYBER AWARENESS TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Complete the DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Course (v2019)
a. Via JKO at https://jkodirect.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=DOD&course_number=-US1364-19
STEP 2: Download and save the course completion certificate ("Cyber Cert") for your records
a. When directed to print your course completion certificate, select "Print to PDF."
b. Browse to a saving location on your computer and save.
c. Bring your printed certificate with you to NDU as back-up verification.
NDU SYSTEM AUTHORIZATION ACCESS REQUEST FORM 2875 INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Open, complete and sign an NDU SAAR Form 2875
- Open NDU's 2-page SAAR Form 2875 for International Students.
- Enter required data in boxes 1, 2, 6, 11, 14, 15, 17, and 18. *NOTE: Please provide a personal email address to which you will have continuous access (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo).
- Check box 23a.
- Enter today's date in box 23c. *NOTE: Must be done BEFORE signing
- Digitally sign box 23b. *NOTE: Digital signature requires CAC or PIV; if hand-signed, scan the signed 2875.
- Save the signed 2875 as a PDF to your computing device, and/or print it.
STEP 2: Download and save your completed, signed 2875
STEP 3: Email your 2875 to NDU
- Browse to the final draft of your fully completed, signed PDF 2875 on your computing device.
- Save your PDF 2875 one last time using this naming convention: ISMO_YourLastName_YourFirstName_2875. *NOTE: The naming convention for your 2875 is critically important to its processing; please follow directions exactly.
- Open an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your PDF 2875 to the email, ensuring it is correctly named, per Step 3b.
- Click send.
- Bring your printed 2875 with you to NDU as back-up verification.