IA Compliance for International Students
NDU ITD Service Desk: 202-685-3824
Read this page thoroughly and comply with all instructions; no deviations or substitutions are permitted.
NDU provides students with access to the Internet, wireless networks, curricula, and research tools -- all via DoD owned, managed, or compliant information systems. Access is predicated on student compliance with DoD Information Assurance (IA) regulations and requirements. No student will receive access to any NDU system until they have accurately and fully completed these IA requirements.
ALL AY19 international students are required to submit:
- A certificate of completion ("CyberCert") for the most recent DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge (v 2018), taken in JKO AFTER 1 April 2018, and no later than ONE WEEK prior to your course start date.
- A NDU System Authorization Access Request Form 2875 ("2875") completed and signed by the international student, dated AFTER 1 2018, and no later than ONE WEEK prior to your course start date.
- NOTE: NDU pre-registers all international students in JKO, and associates their profile with their college and program.
IA TRAINING CERTIFICATE INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Complete the DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Course (v2018):
a. Via JKO at https://jkodirect.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=DOD&course_number=-US1364-18
STEP 2: Download and save your CyberCert course completion certificate for your records
- When directed to print your course completion certificate, select "Print to PDF."
- Browse to a saving location on your computer and save.
- Retain your printed certificate for your records.
NDU SYSTEM AUTHORIZATION ACCESS REQUEST FORM 2875 INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Open, complete and sign NDU Form 2875
- Open NDU Form 2875 for International Students.
- Enter required data in boxes 1, 2, 6, 8, 11, 12, 14 and 17. NOTE FOR BOX 11: You MUST provide a personal email address to which you will have continuous access (i.e. gmail, hotmail, yahoo).
- Check box 22a.
- Enter the date printed on your Cyber Awareness course completion certificate in box 22b..
- Check box 23a.
- Enter today's date in box 23c (*Must be done BEFORE digitally signing).
- Digitally sign box 23b.
- Save the signed 2875 as a PDF to your computing device, and/or print it.
NOTE: Digital signature requires CAC or PIV; if hand-signed, scan the signed 2875, save it as a PDF, and proceed to Step 2.
STEP 2: Download and save your completed, signed 2875
- Browse to the final draft of your fully completed, signed PDF 2875 on your computing device.
- Save your PDF 2875 one last time using this naming convention: AY19_ISMO_YourLastName_YourFirstName_2875
NOTE: The naming convention for your 2875 is critically important to its processing; please follow directions exactly.
STEP 3: Email your 2875 to NDU
- Open an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach your PDF 2875 to the email, ensuring that its name follows the correct naming convention exactly.
- Click send.