NDU ITD Service Desk: 202-685-3824
It is important that you read this page thoroughly and comply with all instructions; no deviations or substitutions are permitted.
Access to NDU information systems is predicated on user compliance with DoD/NDU cybersecurity regulations. No student will receive access to any NDU system until the student has accurately, fully and verifiably completed all mandatory DoD/NDU cybersecurity requirements.
No later than two weeks prior to your JFSC program/course start date, ALL JFSC JPME and PE students (Non-Masters) are required to:
1. Submit (via email) an NDU System Authorization Access Request Form 2875 ("2875") completed and signed by the student AND by the student's home unit/agency Security Office; and,
2. Provide a valid annual Cyber Awareness course completion certificate. *NOTE: Cyber training must be renewed every 365 days and cannot lapse during your enrollment; expired Cyber training results in an immediate loss of access to NDU information systems.
CYBER AWARENESS TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS
If you have a current annual Cyber Awareness course completion certificate: Check the date. If your current certificate is valid for at least 90 days after your JFSC program/course start date, email the certificate as a PDF attachment to email@example.com.
If you DO NOT have a current annual Cyber Awareness course completion certificate, or if your certificate expires less than 90 days after your JFSC program/course start date: Complete a DoD, JS or military service-approved annual Cyber Awareness course from one of the following locations:
- Via JKO at https://jkosupport.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=DOD&course_number=-US1364-21 *Requres registration
- Via DISA at https://public.cyber.mil/training/cyber-awareness-challenge/
- Via Navy e-Learning at https://learning.nel.navy.mil/ELIAASv2p/ *Requires CAC and registration
- Via the Air Force Advanced Distributed Learning System (ADLS) at: https://golearn.adls.af.mil/login.aspx *Requires CAC and registration
Save your Cyber Awareness course completion certificate as a PDF document to your device, and email the certificate as a PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NDU SYSTEM AUTHORIZATION ACCESS REQUEST FORM 2875 INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Open, complete and sign the NDU System Authorization Access Request (SAAR) Form 2875 for your college/program using the table above.
- Enter required data in boxes 1, 2, 6, 11, 14, 15, 17, and 18. *NOTE: Please provide a personal email address to which you will have continuous access (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.)
- Check box 23a.
- Enter today's date in box 23c. *NOTE: Must be done BEFORE signing
- Digitally sign box 23b. *NOTE: Digital signature requires CAC or PIV; if hand-signed, scan the signed 2875.
- Save the signed 2875 as a PDF to your computing device, and/or print it.
STEP 2: Have your organization's Security Office complete Part III of the Form 2875
- Forward your signed 2875 to your organization's Security Office OR print out your signed 2875 and hand-carry it to your Security Office.
- Your Security Office must complete Boxes 36-40f, and a Security Officer must digitally or hand sign the form. All boxes are required. *NOTE: If hand-signed, scan the signed 2875, save it as a PDF, and proceed to Step 3.
STEP 3: Download and save your completed, signed 2875
- Browse to the final draft of your fully completed, signed PDF 2875 on your computing device.
- Save your PDF 2875 one last time using the naming convention demonstrated in the table above. *NOTE: The naming convention for your 2875 is critically important to its processing; please follow directions exactly.
STEP 4: Email your 2875 to NDU
- Open an email to email@example.com
- Attach your PDF 2875 to the email, ensuring it is correctly named, per Step 3b.
- Click send.
- Bring your printed 2875 with you to NDU as back-up verification.