NDU ITD Service Desk: 202-685-3824
It is important that you read this page thoroughly and comply with all instructions; no deviations or substitutions are permitted.
Access to NDU information systems is predicated on user compliance with DoD/NDU cybersecurity regulations. No student will receive access to any NDU system until the student has accurately, fully and verifiably completed all mandatory DoD/NDU IA requirements.
All US civilian students who attend CIC, CISA, ES, JFSC and NWC JPME Masters programs under a Temporary Duty (TDY) assignment or detail are required to:
- Complete an NDU System Authorization Access Request Form 2875 ("2875") and submit it by email no later than July 29, 2019.
- Register in Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) and affiliate their JKO profile with their NDU college as their Primary Organization. Students must remain associated with their NDU college for the entire duration of their enrollment.
- Complete the most recent DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge course in JKO AFTER June 15 and no later than July 29, 2019. *NOTE: The DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge certificate ("Cyber Cert") must be renewed every 365 days and cannot lapse during your enrollment; an expired Cyber Cert status in JKO results in an immediate loss of access to NDU information systems.
JKO CYBER AWARENESS TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Register for a JKO account. If you are already registered in JKO, skip to STEP 2.
- I am a DoD Civilian with a DoD CAC and a .mil email address.
- I do not have a DoD CAC. *NOTE: Token sponsorship required. Please register using your personal email address, as email from the JKO domain does not make it through most non-DoD agency/organization firewalls. When prompted for the name of a token sponsor, enter Alladin Hidar, NDU Academic Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-685-4700.
STEP 2: Designate NDU > "STUDENT-YOUR COLLEGE" as the Primary Organization in your JKO Profile (where YOUR COLLEGE is your college's initials: CIC, CISA, ES, JFSC or NWC). *NOTE: This is mandatory, and enables NDU to verify your completed training.
- While registering or updating your existing JKO profile, scroll to "Organizations," and click "Select Primary Organization."
- In the "Find an Organization" window click the black triangle next to "JKO" to expand options, and scroll to "NDU."
- Click the black triangle next to "NDU" to expand options, and scroll to "STUDENT-YOUR COLLEGE."
- Click the "Select Organization" button at the bottom of the window, and click "Save" at the bottom of your JKO profile.
STEP 3: Complete the DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Course (v2019)
- Via JKO at https://jkodirect.jten.mil/html/COI.xhtml?course_prefix=DOD&course_number=-US1364-19
STEP 4: Download and save the course completion certificate ("Cyber Cert") for your records
- When directed to print your course completion certificate, select "Print to PDF."
- Browse to a saving location on your computer and save.
- Bring your printed certificate with you to NDU as back-up verification.
NDU SYSTEM AUTHORIZATION ACCESS REQUEST FORM 2875 INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1: Open, complete and sign an NDU SAAR Form 2875
STEP 2: Have your organization's Security Office complete Part III of the Form 2875
- Open NDU's 4-page SAAR Form 2875 for Civilian Students under a Temporary Duty Assignment (TDY) to NDU
- Enter required data in boxes 1, 2, 6, 11, 14, 15, 17, and 18. *NOTE: Please provide a personal email address to which you will have continuous access (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo).
- Check box 23a.
- Enter today's date in box 23c. *NOTE: Must be done BEFORE signing
- Digitally sign box 23b. *NOTE: Digital signature requires CAC or PIV; if hand-signed, scan the signed 2875.
- Save the signed 2875 as a PDF to your computing device, and/or print it.
STEP 3: Download and save your completed, signed 2875
- Forward your signed 2875 to your organization's Security Office OR print out your signed 2875 and hand-carry it to your Security Office.
- Your Security Office must complete Boxes 28-32, and a Security Officer must digitally or hand sign the form. All boxes are required. *NOTE: If hand-signed, scan the signed 2875, save it as a PDF, and proceed to Step 3.
STEP 4: Email your 2875 to NDU
- Browse to the final draft of your fully completed, signed PDF 2875 on your computing device.
- Save your PDF 2875 one last time using this naming convention: YourLastName_YourFirstName_2875. *NOTE: The naming convention for your 2875 is critically important to its processing; please follow directions exactly.
- Open an email to email@example.com
- Attach your PDF 2875 to the email, ensuring it is correctly named, per Step 3b.
- Click send.
- Bring your printed 2875 with you to NDU as back-up verification.