MISSION: NDU develops joint warfighters and other national security leaders through rigorous academics, research and engagement to serve the common defense.
VISION: NDU will create strategic advantage by developing joint warfighters and other national security leaders and forging relationships through whole-of-nations and whole-of-government educational programs, research and engagement.
PURPOSE: "Educating, Developing and Inspiring National Security Leaders."
- Education is our business
- National security is the focus of our business
- Leaders are the essence of our business
GUIDING PRINCIPLES: The following principles shape the culture of NDU.
- Academic Excellence: NDU shall always foster and promote scholarly distinction in its work and its people.
- Academic Freedom: NDU shall always foster and protect free expression and open intellectual exchange based on responsible professionalism.
- Diversity: NDU shall always embrace a mixture of people, culture, and ideas.
- Integrity: NDU shall always foster and promote a culture of trust, honesty, and ethical conduct.
- Growth: NDU shall always foster and promote an environment that nurtures individual intellectual development and physical well-being and encourages life-long learning.
- Collaboration: NDU shall always foster collaborative, transparent, and inclusive processes and decision-making activities consistent with legal lines of authority and accountability.