The Office of the Registrar is committed to the University’s strategic priorities of student success, community, accountability and excellence in fulfilling its core responsibilities of student admissions: course management; scheduling and registration; student records; graduation; degree audit; and academic catalogs. The Office is dedicated to high ethical and professional values, with a focus on maintaining the accuracy, integrity, and privacy of student records – past, present, and future – by adhering to federal, state, University, and professional standards and guidelines.
We serve the University community in many capacities including:
- Maintaining academic records
- Transcript processing
- Academic calendar, course and classroom scheduling
- Nomination procedures and processing for our civilian students from federal agencies
- Admissions for selected international students
- Course registration and electives selection and registration
- In-processing and out-processing support
- Education verification and background investigation assistance
- Curriculum management
- VISA assistance, in compliance with the Student Exchange and Visitor Program
Please note that protecting the privacy of our student records is of utmost importance. Details regarding student attendance, including transcripts, will only be provided with the presentation of a release that is properly signed by the student. Names of past students and any degrees earned, programs attended, and dates of attendance are public record.
- Education verification may be conducted by phone or email with the name of the student. We cannot discuss or reference a student’s SSN or DOB without obtaining a signed release.
- Background investigators should call or email our office to request an appointment in order to obtain a transcript. (Faxed releases are no longer accepted.)
Students and Alumni Requiring Transcripts:
Please fill out the Transcript Request form and return it by email or mail as noted at the top of the form. We require your signature to release your record. You may digitally sign the form with your CAC/PIV or sign it in ink and scan the form. Transcript requests are processed in the order they’re received. Typically they will be processed within 5-7 business days, but transcripts may take up to several weeks during peak periods. If you have a tight deadline for a review board, job application, or admissions package, please notify us in the body of your email and include the deadline -- we’ll expedite your request as best we can.
The University Registrar’s Office is at Fort McNair, where four of NDU’s five colleges are located, and there is a second office in Norfolk at our Joint Forces Staff College. Please contact us for further assistance in any of the areas noted above:
|University Registrar's Office
Phone: (202) 685-2128
300 5th Ave, Suite 314
Fort Lesley J. McNair
Washington DC 20319
||Joint Forces Staff College Office
Phone: (757) 443 6124
Normandy Hall, C-108
7800 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk VA 23511