All US military students attending the JPME Masters Program at the Fort McNair campus are expected to complete the on-line and on-campus admissions requirements listed below as soon as possible.
Military students are required to attend one of the Military Service In-Briefs on 31 Jul, 1 Aug or 2 Aug 2023.
NOTE: Military service members returning from overseas assignments may be approved to report early. The Military Service Chairs will approve requests on a case-by-case basis. If approved, check-in with MILPER upon arrival. Thereafter, report to your college daily until the Mass In-Processing day. Otherwise, if you arrive to the local area before the report date, you will remain in a leave status.
In addition to the university-level requirements listed on this page, military students should review their college website for additional requirements and guidance to incoming students.
Military Student Information Requirements
To facilitate in-processing, military students should review and complete as many of the following process documents as possible.
Documents 1, 2 and 4 should be printed and turned by hand during military in-briefs (21 Jul - 2 Aug) or during student in-processing (7 Aug). Document 3 provides third-party links to a training website and a banking application website; please complete the tasks per the instructions.
- Defense Travel System Personal Data Worksheet *For all students
- DoD Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC) Transfer Request *For students who have a DoD GTCC
- NDU GTCC Instructions *For students who do NOT have a DoD GTCC
- DoD GTCC Statement of Understanding *For all students
In addition to the above, military service members (only) must complete their Personal Health Assessment Part 1 in their respective service medical readiness portal (i.e., MEDPROS) prior to in-processing on 7 Aug.
Contact Info for Military Service Representatives (MilReps) at Fort McNair
Military students should contact their MilRep if they have any questions or concerns.
Cybersecurity Requirements for US Military Students at All NDU Colleges/Campuses
NO LATER THAN TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THEIR COURSE START DATE, ALL US Military students are required to:
- Submit (via email) a valid annual Cyber Awareness course completion certificate ("CERT"). *NOTE: Cyber training must be renewed every 365 days and cannot lapse during your enrollment; expired Cyber training results in an immediate loss of access to NDU information systems.
- Submit (via email) an NDU System Authorization Access Request Form 2875 ("2875") completed and signed by the student.
- Submit (via email) a signed NDU Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") form completed and signed by the student.
Please review the "Cybersecurity Compliance" page for details, forms and instructions. (See the dropdown menu under the "Incoming Students" tab in the top navigation bar.)
Academic IT Environment at Fort McNair
All McNair campus students should thoroughly read NDU's IT Requirements page. You will have the opportunity during Student Orientation Week to troubleshoot technical issues both face-to-face and online with NDU Help Desk personnel.
Passing US Military Security Clearances to NDU
All students must complete a Security Clearance Registration Course Application Form via the Joint Event Management System (JEMIS). All security clearance information must be submitted to the NDU Security Office at least 30 days prior to the first day of class. Security Specialist POCs are Montez Winters, (202) 685-2134, and Tamika James, (202) 685-7309.
- Active Duty Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Military Students: Security clearances will be verified through the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) by the NDU Security Office; this verification process begins with the student's enrollment into JEMIS prior to sending visit request/certification to NDU Security. Minimum required clearance is SECRET, SCI is not a requirement to attend. The Security Management Office (SMO) code to pass SECRET, TOP SECRET, and SCI clearances through DISS to NDU is DJJNDU3/JFSC is DJJNDU7. The name of the student's college (CIC, CISA, ES, NWC or course of instruction JCWS, JAWS) must be entered into the POC section of the visit request for the clearance to be identified properly by NDU Security Specialists. This verification process will begin 5 Jul 2023.
- DoD Military Reservists and National Guard Members: Security clearances must be passed to the NDU Security Office by the student's Reserve/Guard command or DoD agency via a DISS visit request/certification. The Security Management Office (SMO) code to pass SECRET, TOP SECRET, and SCI clearances through DISS to NDU is DJJNDU3/JFSC is DJJNDU7. The name of the student's college (CIC, CISA, ES, NWC or course of instruction JCWS, JAWS) must be entered into the POC section of the visit request for the clearance to be identified properly by NDU Security Specialists. This verification process will begin 5 Jul 2023.
Common Access Card (CAC) Reissuing to US Military Students at Fort McNair via RAPIDS
CAC processing is available to US military students who need a CAC reissued to them. The NDU Security Office highly recommends that you complete the CAC reissuing process as soon as possible to ensure base access and a smooth in-processing. Obtain an appointment for CAC reissuing through the NDU Security office. For appointment scheduling, please reach out to Mr. Carl Wright (202-685-3780) or NDU Security.
Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall Base Guide
The 2023 JBMHH Base Guide is intended to introduce newcomers to the National Capital Region's joint military environment, and to familiarize them with JBMHH services and facilities.
Housing Information for US Military Students at Fort McNair
For family housing information within the Military District of Washington (MDW) area please contact the military installations below. There are also helpful resources on the Military OneSource Moving & PCS website and at HOMES.MIL, a DOD resources designed to connect service members and their families with community housing rental listings located near U.S. military bases.
Medical Readiness for US Military Students at Fort McNair
Prior to in-processing, military students must verify that their Medical Readiness is up-to-date, including their annual PHA (Periodic Health Assessment), annual Dental Exam, and biannual HIV. As a reminder, all military students must meet their services’ weight and/or fitness standards. For information concerning the Tricare East Region please call (800) 444-5445, or visit their website at https://www.humanamilitary.com/
Class Travel Preparation for US Military Students at Fort McNair
All US military students must register for an NDU-sponsored Government Travel Credit Card (GTCC), and hold a US military personnel passport that has an expiration date AFTER 15 Jun 2024. These requirements must be addressed on campus.
NDU Library at Fort McNair
While on the Fort McNair campus during Pre-briefings, military students should familiarize themselves with the resources available in the Library, and speak with Library staff about additional learning opportunities scheduled throughout the academic year.
AY24 Academic Calendar for Fort McNair
See the AY23-24 North Campus Key Academic Dates Calendar for important deadlines, holidays and events. (forthcoming)
IT Tutorials and Instructions
Apple macOS/iOS Devices
For questions about NDU’s technology and computing environment, please contact the ITD Service Desk at 202-685-3824.