Welcome to National Defense University Academic Year (AY) 2021-2022.
In the current COVID-19 environment, NDU in-processing and orientation activities will be a mix of in-person and virtual activities. Our number one priority is your -- and our workforce’s -- health and safety.
Regardless of format, all presentations are mandatory. Make arrangements with your College, beforehand, if you will miss a live presentation; they should be able to get you a recording of the session, afterwards. Pre-recorded presentations can be viewed at any time, but must be completed by XX.
More detailed orientation schedules for the individual Colleges are at the following links:
- CIC Orientation Schedule (POC: Col Jonathan Beasley, Dean of Students, 202-685-2090)
- CISA Orientation Schedule (POC:XX, Program Manager, Academic Affairs, 202-685-7216)
- ES Orientation Schedule (POC: XX, Dean of Students, 202-685-4773)
- NWC Orientation Schedule (POC: CAPT Trent Hesslink, Dean of Students, 202-685-2319)
- JFSC (Norfolk, VA) Incoming Students Page (Orientation POC: Col Jody Owens, JAWS Faculty, 757-443-6272)
Some physical material transfers are still required; consequently, on-campus events are scheduled by each College and designed to meet current COVID restrictions. Please review your College’s orientation schedule above for further information. If your personal situation prevents a physical trip to campus, or if you have any concerns or questions, please contact your College’s orientation POC via the email/phone number above.
The information contained within this website may change as we continue to update data in preparation for the start of AY 20-21. Please continue to monitor this website on a regular basis for updates.
Again welcome to National Defense University. We are looking forward to a great year and hope you are too.