(Closes 14 Nov 2019)
The National Defense University (NDU) is seeking a motivated intern to assist with its international engagement strategy.
NDU is a Department of Defense-funded graduate institution that educates over 700 U.S. military officers, State Department and other U.S. Government civilians from across the interagency, and military officers and civilians from international partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
Work directly for the NDU Senior Vice President, a Career Minister Senior Foreign Service Officer/Ambassador, in formulating, planning, and executing NDU’s international engagement strategy
- Collect and analyze data on NDU’s international engagement activities and provide recommendations to improve impact and efficiency of programs
- Identify opportunities for further engagement
- Support the activities of NDU’s Strategic Outreach and Engagement Council under the supervision of the Council’s Executive Secretary.
- Assist the Senior Vice President with scheduling and other administrative functions
Coordinate across the University in the execution of distinguished visitor engagements
- Draft briefing papers for NDU leaders in support of visits
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure successful visits
- Draft after action reports from engagements and track follow-on actions
- Coordinate with stakeholders across the Department of Defense and Department of State
The ideal candidate would be self-motivated and confident. You should have an interest in the intersection of international relations and national security and be willing to dedicate 20-40 hours per week. Ideal start date would be early January.
This is an unpaid position, but NDU will support you if your institution allows you to complete an internship for course credit. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Foreign Service Officer or future military officer with an interest in international relations to work directly for a senior ambassador. An opportunity exists to continue work throughout the summer. NDU does have paid summer internship opportunities subject to funding availability.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 14, 2019 at 5:00PM.